Monday, March 20, 2006

Holiday Log

I initially had the plan to blog about the entire one week holiday in a single entry, as I'm doing now, but now I realise that it's a dumb idea, cuz:

1. It's a lot to blog. I'll either have to write a lot or compress a lot.
2. I would've forgotten part of the week by now (which I have)

But ah well, since I'm here already...

Sunday (as in the previous Sunday): Bike training, I think. Wah lau... fitness really dropped like hell. Family left for Malaysia, but I had to stay behind, cuz of ODAC and stuff, and that's the real holiday for me: 3 days of the house to myself. Peace and quiet. After church, went to Mel's house to study with Iggy, Jul and now Edwin. Bugger quit JC, so dunno what he was doing there. As always, we didn't get much studying done. Actually, the last time at BK we got a bit done, or at least I did, but now most of what we did was sit around and talk, and discuss GP, and maybe read essays. Halfway through I attempted to help Mel clear up her com; it was chock full of spyware. So I went about my business, as I've done on so many occasions with my com, and then her com just crashed on me. I still feel guilty about it, although she keeps telling me that it happens.

Halfway through, we started to lose focus, especially after I found out that Mel has Roald Dahl's Omnibus. Last time I read that book was at Kit's house dunno how many donkey years back. SO I got engrossed in it soon enough. Only read one of the chapters, though. Some might know which one. Another book I got engrossed in was the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire book. So much so that we took it along with us when we went over to my house. Edwin started farting in Mel's room (twice, and once in her bathroom). I dunno why I consented for them to come over, cuz Edwin would start bombing my room, and cuz the place was all over the... place.

But that's the good thing when my parents are out of town; people can come over, if they can stand the mess. Iggy left Mel's house earlier, and then we all walked to my place, with the Millionaire book. We did nothing but slack at my house, and read the Millionaire book. And plat the Sims 2. They had this weird but fun idea to recreate the entire TC gang, and so we did. Part of it anyway. Did the rest later. But not before Edwin made a separate family for Cheryl, Desmond and Ben and decided to kill them all. They didn't save the game so I had to finish them off again. "Cheryl" survived the fire, so I let her go.

I can't believe I'm blogging about a video game.

Monday: Went to Ubin with Alex and Mingsong to scout for ODAC activity. Bike still out of service, so went to rent one. Rrrgh should've just ridden my bike with one pedal hanging. Biking took up most of our time, and we found some nice places that hopefully we can take the J1s to. Poor Song had a fall down the slope, so we went to my place to treat his cut. He actually wanted to call Jamie, but she was out. Some first aider.

Got pangsehed later.

Tuesday: Forgot what I did in the morning. Afternoon, Jul came over to study, but as usual we didn't get anything done. We never get much done when we go to someone's house. Ended up playing Sims again. Mel and Victor came later. Victor was so obsessed with the game and with furnishing "his home". So he did his house, Jul and I watched him, and Mel plonked on my room couch.

Halfway through we had to leave for church, where Cheryl called for an emergency meeting. David and Victoria were there. Did I forget anyone?

Later went to get dinner at curcular market, where we met Iggy and then went to my house. Again. Victor can't get enough of the Sims. He's obsessed now. Think he might get it soon. Oh yeah Mel likes to mix her coleslaw and her whipped potatoes together. Cool lol. Haven't done that in ages till that night. So we just sat around playing Sims and crapping. Need to start practising guitar again. Cheryl asked me to play something and I couldn't. So malu!

Wednesday: Family came back from Malaysia. Can't remember much else, except couldn't go for soccer with KX cuz of a splitting headache.

Thursday: I think I went to Simpang with Dinesh, Karthik and Dhana. No wait was that Monday? Aargh!

Friday - Sunday: 2 star kayaking course at Changi Sea Sports club. Quite fun. Kayaked from Changi to Pasir Ris on Sat and went to Downtown East BK for lunch. Quite packed everyday, so couldn't even go to church, but it was worth it. Can use spray deck now.

I suddenly remembered I was supposed to go to the Star Wars convention with Joshua and Jeremy, but I was so busy I totally forgot about it. Die.