Sunday, October 30, 2005

Lost in MacRitchie

Woohoo! Yesterday was the last day of school! The thing is, it felt like any other day. Make that any other post-promo day. Chem was our last lesson, and was really draggy. Couldn't wait to get out. But when the lesson ended, I wanted to remain in the classroom and not budge. Why? Well for one it was Cerine Lim's last time teaching our class, cuz next year they're shifting her to the new syllabus batch. And another thing, Mr. Wong was in the opposite classroom. Talk about sian. If he caught sight of Roy or me, we both would've been skinned alive. Yes, on the last day of school! He'll probably make us return for remedial Chinese B. Sounds dumb, right? So when the coast was clear, Wes and I made a break for it to the side gate. Today was Wes' last a lot of things. Last official day ever in school, last time raising the flag at flag raising, last day as a councillor, and other things. So the both of us were there to watch his step out of the school. A one minute of silence would've been appropriate. but we still had to run from Wong, so yeah.

Went to BK, where we thought we could meet Gaps, but apparently, when I called him, it was DEEWALI and he's not supposed to come out of the house. Sounded like a lame excuse, but what the hell. We were hanging at Challenger, and then had to go home, cuz later was supposed to cycle with Alex. Now I feel like I should've given him a better farewell. Oh well, I'll probably see him again. I hope.

So when I got home, played FT for a while. My skills really deteriorated like hell. Dunno if I can office on Monday. That's an in-joke between HK and CX and those guys and me. And then I went to sleep, and I didn't wake up till 7! and Alex didn't try to call me. He most probably fell asleep too. So an afternoon wasted.

Today was, in a sense, fun. Went cycling with Wai Kit, his friend Eng Wei, and his other friend whose name is Alex Goh. Haha at first I knew his name was Alex, so we were at BK and i was talking to Kit about Ah Lam, so I referred to him Alex Goh, and then Kit said "Btw this guy's name is also Alex Goh." Lolx. Today I learnt something valuable: if Kit is ever going to call me out for a big cycling trip, I should avoid it if Eng Wei is organizing it. We went from Bedok all the way to MacRitchie on bike, cuz EW said sth about a biking trail. So we took nearly 2 hours to go to Paya Lebar to Upper Pierce to Mandai to MacRitchie. And when we got there, we had to hack through some really thick undergrowth for like an eternity, before I think EW lost confidence in where he was taking us. And it was getting late, like around 5 plus, so we had to turn around and set off home the way we came.

We (or rather EW) decided to take another route back. I was all for that decision, cuz I didn't feel like cycling through Geylang Serai again, especially through Hari Raya traffic. But when we found ourselves in Ang Mo Kio, I had a feeling something was wrong. So, from what I remember, we went from AMK to Braddel to Serangoon to Hougang, then going and going and reached Paya Lebar. I know that sounds wrong and a bit kua zhang, but that's what I remember. I do know that we travelled for about 4+ hours and 50+ km.

Kit was using Rayner's bike and I got a chance to ride it. I liked his bike, cuz it weighs in like a feather compared to mine, but today there was seriously something wrong with the chain, and I could feel the road through the bars, and the posture was killing my neck. I still have a headache.

So cycled to MacRitchie, got lost, and back. So fun! Although Kit was getting rather annoyed. And I just had a really really really super uber laaaaame conversation with Jas just now. I think I won't diu ta de lian (or mine for that matter) by saying what we were talking about. But it was lame.

Rrrgh I still have that headache. Tml must start doing OP already. Sian lah. I notice I'm staring to end off by dissing PW. I just can't stand it. So end with a happy note. Bye!














PW sucks.