Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Scheming sia...

My family is full of scheming buggers (I meant that in an affectionate sense).

I just found out how my dad got my mom to start playing golf. He bought her a set of clubs and a beginner's course without her knowing. The he just went up tp her andtold her he had everything paid for, so she was obliged to take up the course. Wahaha!

Another thing. Re-enactment of something that happened between my sis and my grandma a few days ago. Actually, everything happened in Chinese, but to facilitate the flow of the joke, I'll translate it. Don't worry, my translation skills aren't as bad as some people I know. So:

Kim and my grandma are at a marketplace or shopping centre or sth with my little cuz.
Grandma: *sees ice-cream stand* You all want ice-cream?
Kim: Okie *reaches for her wallet*
G: No need *takes her own purse* I give you money and you go buy.
K: No need lah Ah Ma
G: Don't geh kiang! (sorry... sounds nicer this way :P) *takes handful of $1 coins from her purse* Nah take.
K: No need!
Then there's a bit of a fuss kicked up, and the coins spill onto the floor. They both bend down to pick them up. My grandma picks up a few coins, and then notices Kim picked some up herself, so she has a brainwave and throws all the coins she picked up on the floor again! By the time Kim finishes picking up the coins, she then realises that she has all the $1 coins, and then my grandma makes her buy ice-cream with the coins.

What a laugh!