Thursday, September 08, 2005

Lizards can't skate

I have an alarm clock in my room, and I use it, but for all the effect it has on me, I might as well have bought a.... thingy that... makes a lot of noise till I bang it on the head... cuz that's what my alarm clock does. Well it's not its fault, it's just that I keep hitting the snooze button until I ultimately ignore the alarm and sleep on.

So in short I overslept and was late for Maths mass tutorial.

Later went to Uncle Louis to eat with Ah Lam, Ah Boy, Fishy, Meng Nan, Ali and Lizhen (Lizard). I swear we never get sick of the place. Then the group of us went home and later met at ECP to cycle and blade. Well, Ali had violin class and Fishy gave some lame excuse so the didn't come. Went to the bike shop for a while. There was sth funny with the rear hub but today no problem. Also went there to scout prices for carbon bar ends and road tyres. Not bad... cheaper than I expected.

Cycled to the coffee shop near Ah Lam's house to meet him, then went to ECP together. They weren't there yet, so we went cycling about. Found a new bridge at the extreme west end of ECP, and there were hardly any people there at the other side. Found a 0.8 km stretch of STRAIGHT road. Wah shiok there can have nighttime underground drag racing. Wahaha still have Initial D euphoria. Met the gang later, and met Ah Boy's friend. Wah Lizard chao n00b at skating lah. She had her own skates, but can walk faster than she skates. So we moved damn slowly.

We were messing with her and decided to chiong ahead of her and leave her behind. The a big group of NS trainees runs past her, and then half of them started shouting and giving her wolf whistles! Wahaha talk about sexually deprived. But she was damn slow still, so it was all up to Ah Boy the national skating champ (I'm serious, he is) to pull her along. So cycle, rest at jetty, cycle, drink at hawker centre, cycle, rest at another jetty, cycle, drink at hawker centre again.

Today suay for Ah Lam. He and I were cycling together behind the rest, when this blader suddenly decides to turn. Alex clips him a little, but mainly avoids him to the left, jams the brakes and flies off his bike. I jam my brakes too, but in the end I collide head on into him. I was destabalised but he was floored immediately (Scott vs. blades... who d'you think will win?) Nth happened to me and my bike, but Alex kenna cut, his left bar end is fucked and Ah Boy's camera, which was in his hand, was saved from total obliteration but slightly damaged nonetheless. Wah sian lah!

Well what else happened? Oh Ah Lam taught me the rear wheel jump and Ah Boy taught us how to drift. Dadi jioned us later (wah he ride stunt bike) and Lizard had to go. Cycled a bit more, and then went to eat at Marine Cove that hawker centre. Then we split ways; the bladers took bus home, and Dadi, Ah Lam and me took the coastal way to ITE Simei. Got one part pf the road kan ulu lah... no lights! Well it was fun lah, especially more so when we switched off our own lights. Cycled to ITE Simei, the took seperate routes home.

Whew... cycling from 1 to 9. Damn tiring, and now my back hurts lah! And my hands get numb and the bloodflow gets all funny after excessive riding. I need bar ends. I need a lot of things. Bar ends, road tyres, mp3 player, new speakers, better sports apparel, completed 1 and 2 star kayaking courses.... oh yah, and a pass for my promos. I haven't been studying these few days lah. I'm screwed.