Thursday, February 22, 2007

The money gets lesser every year

CNY is always the same, what can I say. Only difference is that my relatives on my mom's side found out that I play mahjong. There was blackjack, as usual, Bernadine was banker, as usual, she won a lot, as usual, and I lost a lot, as usual.

It's been a bittersweet CNY; nice things happened (my bank account doesn't feel so empty anymore... being jobless is expensive), bad things happened (never met her before), but yeah, life goes on.
The weirdest thing is people wishing me happy new year. Doesn't feel like a new year.

Last Monday's plan was to go for some party at MOS, but Dhana couldn't print out his free ticket, so we went to CHIJMES. It would seem kind of gay, just the two of us, but we're way beyond that kind of shit. La Baroque was nice, but watching him get huggy touchy feely with Nora the hot hostess was a bit annoying. The guy knows everyone there from when he used to work there. He knows the head bouncer, which is how we got into La Baroque when the age limit is 21 or 23 or somewhere there. Douglas O's band wasn't bad. Their rendition of Chasing Cars wasn't bad, but in my opinion, there are only six people that do Chasing Cars better than Re-entry: Johnathan Leong, and Snow Patrol.

Met Lawrence at the wake, whom we haven't seen in a long time. Nice fella, nice long chat, nice new ideas for the youth ministry. Anyway he pointed something out to us:

Straits Times February 11 page 7



Yeah yeah... bottom of the page:


Eh?


EH?!


AHMA! Why your eyes so big?! Lol!

Lol don't worry, Cheryl. We're all proud of you or being the hottest scholar in NTU so much so that they're willing to put your face in the papers. :D

Heh heh I'm gonna bring the page to the meeting on Saturday...