Monday, August 08, 2005

Wheee so fun!

So it was a Sunday. That means by now I probably don't have to detail what I did in the morning. But basically I went to TM with Edwin, Cheryl and Small Joe after mass. Nearly went to watch Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, but some people no money... Cheryl was trying on dresses for her end of year prom, which is this year after her As. She looks good in them, although she denies it. Rrrgh... it's always with the same gang to the same place every Sunday. Don't get me wrong cuz I love their company. It seems so routine now that I wish something new would happen on Sunday.

And it did! later Kit called me up and asked if I wanted to go kayaking with him and Zi Xiang at Bedok Reservoir. My first reaction was "Wah there can kayak mehz?" Well apparently PA Sea Sports set up shop there about 2 months ago. Wheee! Met them there (they cycled here) and went to sign for kayaks. I'm a member of PA Sea Sports so I get a discount! Kit and I got the standard single-seater kayaks, but ZX, being unqualified, had to use a sit on top kayak, which is an open-canopy kayak, and is damn heavy and stable so it's damn near impossible to capsize it. You can still fall off it if you wanted, though. Didn't really matter anyway, cuz we traded kayaks halfway in the water. Kayaking in Bedok Reservoir is nice, especially cuz, unlike Kallang, you're kayaking in freshwater and not seawater, so when we were doing capsize drills Kit and I had the same reactions: "Eh the water's damn nice leh!" We had fun, but Zi Xiang was a bit of a killjoy cuz he didn't want to capsize. You have to purposely capsize under controlled conditions so you know how to keep calm, especially in a real situation. ZX blatantly refused. Kit contemplated pushing him over by surprise (that's how he learnt to cap properly) but I suggested against it, cuz he was already not that much at ease, so if we capsized him he would definitely panic. All in all it was fun. Pity it was only an hour. We might go again next Sunday.

At night I went to Challenger with my mom to get a new wireless desktop set. This morning, my com gave me a right old scare. It seems that my keyboard, after giving me problems for the past few weeks, finally decided to pop its clogs. You (or I at least) can't possibly use a computer properly without the use of a keyboard, so went to get a new Logitech wireless desktop set. And seeing as how often I go to Challenger, I finally bothered to get myself a membership there. Although my spending spree there is more or less over, with promos coming soon and my finances dangerously low.

Haha Ah Boy really went to upload the Sabai Sabai song onto the class blog! The singer is some Thai guy, but when he sang that song he sound so gay! Go see 05S15 blog to hear for yourself. :P

And Monday no lessons! Tuesday is National Day! Wednesday... no wait I still have school on Wednesday. Rrrrgh....